If your North Shore Bank EMV Debit MasterCard® is ever lost, stolen or if you suspect fraudulent activity please contact us immediately. In addition to calling us or stopping in at a branch office, you can also temporarily deactivate and reactivate your card through online banking or our mobile banking app. Please note that if you deactivate your card you will still need to notify the bank about any further remediation, such as ordering a new card if necessary.
To report your card lost or stolen, simply use one of the numbers below (depending on the appropriate time of day).
- (978) 573-1300 (during normal banking hours)
- (833) 337-6075 (after normal banking hours)
- (614) 564-5105 (when traveling internationally)
In a Branch
Stop in at any of our branch locations
during our normal banking hours to report a lost or stolen card.
Deactivating and Reactivating Your Debit Card Through Mobile and Online Banking
- After logging into the North Shore Bank app, click on the mobile menu in the upper left hand corner of your display.
- Then select the "Cards" option in the mobile menu. This will open a screen that features a composite image of your debit card with your truncated debit card number. At the bottom of the page you'll notice a section entitled "Block Card." When a card is fully operational this slider will be to the left and it will appear as gray.
- To block or deactivate your card, simply click on the slider to move it to the right and turn it blue.
Please note that the process differs slightly when deactivating a debit card on a desktop. To do so you will need to click the Avatar at top right of the screen and then from the drop-down menu choose "Banking Services." Then click the "Lock My Card" option. This will open a screen that features the same replica card as on the mobile app. Simply click the "Deactivate" button to the right of the card.