Checkbooks are so 1990s.
With a North Shore Bank Debit MasterCard® you can access your accounts anytime and from anywhere that MasterCard is accepted. It’s easier than writing a check, safer than carrying cash, and let’s not forget, your card can also be used at countless ATMs worldwide.*
In addition, all North Shore Bank Debit MasterCards are issued with EMV chips – providing you with an additional level of security when your card is used with chip-enabled readers at participating retail establishments. When not used with a chip reader, your card will still function in the same manner as your old card and can still be swiped using the magnetic strip on the back. Of course you can also continue to use it online by simply entering your card number from the front. Click here for more information about EMV cards or here to see step-by-step instructions.
The advantages of a North Shore Bank EMV Debit Card include:
- Access to your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year — online, in-store, on your mobile device or through ATMs worldwide*
- An EMV micro-chip – providing state-of-the-art security when used with chip-enabled card readers.
- A super convenient "Deactivation/Activation" capability — allowing you to shut off your debit card through mobile or online banking, 24 hours a day, 7-days a week.
- Enhanced security for online shopping when registered for MasterCard SecureCode™
- Complimentary around-the-clock customer service assistance for lost or stolen card reporting with MasterCard Global Services. Available anytime, from anywhere and in any language — call 1.800.307.7309 for assistance.
- Protection against unauthorized purchases through MasterCard Zero Liability.
For further information, call Customer Support at (978) 573-1300 (during normal operating hours) or stop in at any of our twelve branch locations
*Non-North Shore Bank ATMs may impose a surcharge which is in addition to any fee we may charge.