North Shore Bank, in association with MassHousing, is thrilled to offer “Operation Welcome Home” — a mortgage program geared to veterans, active-duty military, members of the Reserves and National Guard, as well as Gold Star Families.
Features & Requirements
- Competitive fixed-rate mortgage* with flexible credit and qualifying requirements
- Down payment assistance for up to 3% of the purchase price or $12,000, whichever is less. Down payment assistance is a 15-year, fixed rate loan at 1%. (Example: $10,000 down payment assistance loan equals 180 payments of $59.85; 1.015% APR)**
- Repayment of the down payment assistance is also due upon sale or refinance of the property prior to the end of the 15-year term
- Up to 97% loan-to-value (LTV) first mortgage financing on single-family homes and condos with little or no borrower contribution required
- Up to 95% first mortgage financing on two-, and three- family homes with as little as 3% required from the borrower
- For buyers with less than 20% down, borrower or lender paid mortgage insurance options are available
- Loans that carry mortgage insurance will come with MIPlus™ Mortgage Payment Protection for eligible borrowers, a benefit that will pay your principal and interest (up to $2,000) for up to six months if you are deployed or lose your job or for Reservists and National Guard Members called to active duty
- Conventional loan limits up to $453,100 for a one-unit property and higher limits for two to three unit properties
- Borrower income limits as high as $139,590 in many cities and towns
* Your monthly payment will vary based on the loan amount and the interest rate available at the time of application, and other factors. Subject to credit approval.
**Down Payment Assistance is available on single-family homes, condominiums and Planned Unit Developments
For current rates or additional information about home buying options at North Shore Bank, call Customer Support at (978) 573-1300 (during regular operating hours) or reach out directly to any of our mortgage originators.
Need to know how much you can afford? Try out one of our convenient mortgage calculators.
North Shore Bank regularly hosts First Time Homebuyer sessions with our friends at Coastal Homebuyer Education. For a complete schedule of upcoming seminars, CLICK HERE.
To begin the mortgage application process, just click the button below and follow the onscreen instructions.